Albin Kurti has 6 conditions for accepting the Association of municipalities with a Serbian majority
Prime Minister Albin Kurti has indicated the six conditions in order to accept the establishment of the Association of municipalities with a Serbian majority.
Albin Kurti's conditions for establishing the Association:
1: The association must be in accordance with the constitution and laws in force in the Republic of Kosovo.
2. The association cannot be mono-ethnic, it must change its name, it cannot carry any public or executive power, and it must serve only the horizontal cooperation of the municipalities, according to the constitution and the law on self-government, chapter 5.
3. The rights of national minorities and the respective protection mechanisms should strengthen the principle of reciprocity between the two respective states, as well as take into account European standards and models.
4. Prior to the establishment of the Association, the illegal structures of Serbia in the north are extinguished and all illegal weapons are surrendered.
5. The association is part of the final agreement and is implemented after mutual recognition. And only after it has accepted the principles of the UN charter in its interstate relations with the Republic of Kosovo.
6. The President of Serbia withdraws the letters sent to five EU member states and to the others for not accepting the application of the Republic of Kosovo for membership in the European Union, which also represents a violation of the same Thaçi-Dacic agreement of April 19, 2019 .
The agreement on the formation of the Association of municipalities with a Serbian majority in Kosovo was reached in 2013, within the dialogue for the normalization of Kosovo-Serbia relations, mediated by the European Union, but it has never been implemented.
The Constitutional Court of Kosovo found, on December 23, 2015, that the general principles of the Association, agreed that same year between Kosovo and Serbia, were not entirely in accordance with the spirit of the Constitution of Kosovo.
The constitutionalist has said that this association can be formed, if those principles that are not in harmony with the Constitution are harmonized with it.
Serbia, on the other hand, insists that the Association be formed based on the agreements reached.